South Africa’s latest crime statistics came out this week. They made for shocking reading with murder up by 4.6% and attempted murder showing an increase of 3.2%. Aggravated robbery, car and truck hijackings all rose. (more…)
Costing South Africa an estimated R930m a year, commercial and white-collar crime is on the ...
Q: Where do South Africa’s leading financial advisers find a list of contacts for financial ...
The number of new millionaires in Africa is steadily growing, with more than 160 000 individuals ...
Uber, the on-demand transport business, is now the world’s most valuable travel start-up, valued at ...
By Sean Hanlon Executive Director at BrightRock Whether you’re getting married, divorced, become a parent, ...
Taking advantage of its growing working-age population could help accelerate South Africa’s growth to 5.4 percent a year and double per capita incomes by 2030, according to the South Africa Economic Update released by the World Bank earlier this week. (more…)
Life insurers have reunited 431 364 policyholders and beneficiaries with their unclaimed benefits since the implementation in June 2013 of the ASISA Standard on Unclaimed Assets. (more…)
It’s only natural that some will view Volkswagen’s share plunge as a buying opportunity. Unless you’re living in another universe, you’ll know by now that the car manufacturer has been caught trying to fool US regulators into thinking that emissions from its diesel cars were lower than they actually were. (What the manufacturer did was […]
The 2015 LifeCare/FPA Financial Confidence of American Workers Survey – released this month – finds that day-to-day finances are having a drain on workers’ ability to plan for the long-term. It also reveals that workers are confident for the short-term and less confident about the long-term. While savings is a key area of confidence, it’s […]
South Africa’s current account deficit eased to 3.1 percent of GDP in the second quarter of this year from a shortfall of 4.7 percent in the first quarter of 2015, the SA Reserve Bank (SARB) announced in its latest quarterly bulletin. This was a surprise to analysts who had forecast a 4 percent gap. (more…)
Absa Active Asset Management says its recently announced partnership with UK-based Schroders will now give local investors access to the Global Recovery Fund by the end of November, giving them a wider choice and access to global equities. This is in addition to the Global Core Equity Fund launched last month by the two firms. […]
Hedge funds come into their own in turbulent markets. (more…)
A report released by the Institute of Race Relations (IRR) has warned that South African consumers are under growing economic pressure and that this may further dampen the country’s economic outlook. Consumer spending plays a pivotal role in the economy with household consumption expenditure being equivalent to over 60% of GDP. (more…)
This week marks National Financial Planning Week and offers us all the perfect opportunity to take a look at our financial planning, which includes investing. Like when using any professional service, there is a cost involved when investing your money. By investing and/or using an adviser, you pay for the knowledge and guidance you’ll receive, […]
Follow us on Twitter
- RT @CreditSuisse: Credit Suisse Youth Barometer 2015: Top Goals and Problems of young people #juba15 http://t.co/wdwYv1eYbH 7 hours ago retweeted via CreditSuisse
- RT @EconBizFin: The dominant and dangerous dollar http://t.co/cQ4S4sxxdk 12 hours ago retweeted via EconBizFin
- RT @BizNewsCOM: Rock star economist Piketty: ‘BEE not that successful in spreading wealth’ - http://t.co/xpZV3qJWhB http://t.co/ugnQ89zmvv 12 hours ago retweeted via BizNewsCOM
- The SACCI Business Confidence Index contracted to 81.6 in September 2015. #BCI 12 hours ago
- #Sibanye Gold offers to buy #Aquarius Platinum for $294m. 12 hours ago
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Regulatory Exams: Flavour of the Month June 29, 2010
- Insolvency July 6, 2010
- Actuaries a wanted resource post the global crisis June 20, 2010
- ASISA announces full Board of Directors June 20, 2010
- Blue Ink Wins Best Fund of Hedge Fund Award June 20, 2010
- SA’s bleak crime statistics September 30, 2015
- Significant number of ‘lost’ policyholders and beneficiaries traced September 30, 2015
- Is it time to buy VW shares? September 28, 2015
- Managing your cash September 23, 2015
- Are American workers financially confident? September 23, 2015
- Sanet: Is there still exam dates and venues to write the ...
- What is Insolvency?: I do not even know the way I ended up here, but I ...
- Vanessa Reinecke: I wrote the exam on 23 May 2011. There were only ...
- Gerard: I have written the exams during Jan 2011.4% pass r...