Tandisizwe Mahlutshana, Executive of Marketing at PPS Investments, explains why investors shouldn’t react emotionally when making investment decisions. (more…)
ZAR X (Pty) Ltd announced today that it has been granted a stock exchange licence ...
“Medical aids can never be a substitute for critical illness cover.” These are the words ...
Britain’s Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) says millions of consumers could have better access to affordable ...
A year ago National Treasury introduced tax free savings accounts to be offered by banks, ...
Many pension funds claim they conform to the Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) principle despite giving customers a raw deal, says Pension Funds Adjudicator Muvhango Lukhaimane in a review of the industry. (more…)
Purchasing property is one of the most significant and costly financial decisions you will ever make, especially if it’s your first home, but applying a few financial tips can allow you to pay your bond off quickly which will benefit your future financial security and result in a great investment at a reduced end cost. […]
With recent predictions that South Africa’s economic growth is set to slow even further this year, business opportunities and consumer spending will continue to be strained, especially in light of last week’s Monetary Policy Committee stating an unchanged interest rate, but alluding to potential rate hikes later this year. (more…)
Over the last six months the rand has declined by 23.11% against the dollar and it is probable that this trend will continue particularly if the county’s political uncertainties continue to diminish confidence. (more…)
Well-known entrepreneur, Elon Musk, last month announced the launch of Tesla Model 3, a mass-market electric car. While the car will initially be released in the United States, South Africa has been listed as one of the countries where Tesla Model 3 will be released, with the expected arrival date to be 2018. According to […]
Atterbury Group announced this week that it had launched Atterbury Property Fund, a new real estate growth fund that will become the investment vehicle for the existing and future Atterbury assets in South Africa, Namibia and Mauritius. Louis van der Watt, CEO of Atterbury Group, says: “Atterbury Property Fund will take Atterbury confidently into the […]
Nurses make up the largest group of healthcare providers in South Africa. The performance of any healthcare system is directly dependent on the quality of care afforded by these healthcare professionals. Yet in 2015, a report by the University of Witwatersrand revealed that over 60% of nurses admitted reporting that they felt too tired to […]
There is little consensus in the market on whether SARB Governor Lesetja Kganyago will hike rates on Thursday. Malcolm Charles and Nazmeera Moola from Investec Asset Management’s fixed income team look ahead to the next MPC meeting. (more…)
Follow us on Twitter
- RT @ewnreporter: #prasa New look #metrorail trains with enhanced comfort and safety features.KG https://t.co/pEs9mJv29L 3 hours ago retweeted via ewnreporter
- RT @ReutersBiz: BREAKING: French prosecutor confirms raid on Google's Paris HQ as part of probe into tax evasion, money laundering https://… 3 hours ago retweeted via ReutersBiz
- RT @ewnupdates: More challenges than cheer for Apple chief on Asia tour https://t.co/iB9LMY40ti https://t.co/WmmmLXWKkX 3 hours ago retweeted via ewnupdates
- RT @NationalCoGTA: In the news: MEC Paul #Mashatile Tables Gauteng @GDCoGTA #COGTA Budget Votes https://t.co/Jh9USRajqG https://t.co/QHAuKi… 3 hours ago retweeted via NationalCoGTA
- RT @markets: Hungary lowers its benchmark rate to 0.9 percent https://t.co/T2FvUlXKOv 3 hours ago retweeted via markets
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Don’t simply change your investment strategy May 24, 2016
- Can you pay off your bond faster? May 24, 2016
- Entrepreneurism in a tightening economy May 23, 2016
- The importance of regular valuing of assets in relation to other currencies May 20, 2016
- Interest rates reprieve – tighten your belt May 19, 2016
- Why inflation targeting is necessary April 7, 2016
- How to stay on a sound financial footing in tough times April 20, 2016
- Invest in your child’s retirement April 20, 2016
- Eight key questions to help you choose an investment April 20, 2016
- March CPI: Taking A Breather, But Don’t Hold Your Breath April 20, 2016
- Gregory: Great...
- Gregory: Interesting comments!...
- yolandi van der merwe: Would like to change my life financially. Sick an...
- Sanet: Is there still exam dates and venues to write the ...
- What is Insolvency?: I do not even know the way I ended up here, but I ...