My husband and I have done a bit of house-hunting over the last few weeks. While we’re looking for more space to accommodate my husband’s hobbies (collecting cars and motorbikes) and my book collection, we’re taking our time about moving house. During our outings with realtors to look at various properties, we’ve seen some sad […]
ZAR X (Pty) Ltd announced today that it has been granted a stock exchange licence ...
“Medical aids can never be a substitute for critical illness cover.” These are the words ...
Britain’s Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) says millions of consumers could have better access to affordable ...
A year ago National Treasury introduced tax free savings accounts to be offered by banks, ...
Many pension funds claim they conform to the Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) principle despite giving customers a raw deal, says Pension Funds Adjudicator Muvhango Lukhaimane in a review of the industry. (more…)
Given the increasingly complex retirement fund landscape and ever-expanding regulatory requirements, implementing a scheme for employees to save for retirement may seem like a daunting prospect for a business. (more…)
Western Cape Premier Helen Zille has urged the Cape Town business community to follow the example of deVere Acuma “to do more” to help charity at an event attended by Democratic Alliance Leader Mmusi Maimane, Minister Alan Winde, The FW de Klerk Foundation and other dignitaries. (more…)
With South Africa’s bleak economic forecast of a gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate of 0.5% for the remainder of 2016, small, medium and macro enterprises (SMMEs) may face tremendous financial pressure. In light of this, SMME’s may need to review their budgets and cut out unnecessary expenses. According to Colin van Zyl, Commercial Accounts […]
Cooperation between the Deutsche Bundesbank (Bundesbank) and the South African Reserve Bank (SARB) reached a major milestone this week when the Bundesbank announced its representative to be based in Pretoria, its first on the African continent. (more…)
FNB is expanding its investment offering by launching five new unit trusts called the FNB Horizon Series. These unit trusts have been designed to make it exceptionally simple for customers to choose which fund will suit them best. (more…)
PSG Asset Management announced today that its PSG Diversified Income Fund has recently grown to over R1 billion in size on the back of good performance and increasing support. In addition, the Fund was recently awarded the coveted five PlexCrown ranking in the Plexcrown Survey to 30 June 2016. (more…)
Dear Mr Zuma Further to the events of December 2015, which resulted in considerable damage to the South African economy and markets, as the Association of Black Securities and Investment Professionals (ABSIP) we were pleased with progress made to restore confidence in South African economy. (more…)
In recent weeks, following the local elections, we have been reminded of the importance of democracy – and our commitment to this as a country, has encouraged all stakeholders; citizens, business, investors and politicians alike – all while the world continues to keep a watchful eye on us. However, the ongoing dispute between the Ministry […]
Follow us on Twitter
- #SARB issues statement on recent comments by the #ANC’s Deputy Secretary General 13 hours ago
- RT @BDliveSA: Imminent bid by Redefine Properties expected for The Pivotal Fund https://t.co/PYRotKym0I 13 hours ago retweeted via BDliveSA
- RT @StuffSA: Apple's iPhone 7 will be revealed come 7 September - officially https://t.co/LTJQESHSwS We’ll be watching https://t.co/c9OxpMx… 13 hours ago retweeted via StuffSA
- RT @guardiannews: France's economy minister Emmanuel Macron resigns https://t.co/fKl163Ny4P 13 hours ago retweeted via guardiannews
- RT @SkyNews: Francois Hollande says talks of Brexit must end by 2019 https://t.co/PX5x4wrBn9 16 hours ago retweeted via SkyNews
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- The sad house August 30, 2016
- The shift to umbrella funds – is it the right option for your company? August 30, 2016
- Businesses urged “to do more” at Cape Town charity event August 30, 2016
- 7 top insurance saving tips for small and medium enterprises August 30, 2016
- Deutsche Bundesbank appoints representative in South Africa August 30, 2016
- The sad house August 30, 2016
- Risk and the role it plays in determining premiums June 2, 2016
- No flood of foreign property buyers despite weak rand June 2, 2016
- New vehicle sales continue to decline June 2, 2016
- Congratulations to last night’s FIA Awards winners! June 3, 2016
- Deahan Wentzel Cloete: Insurance...
- Gregory: Great...
- Gregory: Interesting comments!...
- yolandi van der merwe: Would like to change my life financially. Sick an...
- Sanet: Is there still exam dates and venues to write the ...