When asked “Do you intend to invest more in the first six months of 2016?” 76 per cent of clients contacted by deVere Group, one of the world’s largest independent financial advisory organisations, said Yes. 14 per cent responded No and 10 per cent did not yet know. (more…)
At the start of every new year, we feel the impact of the rising cost ...
2016 is set to be an important year for the South African retirement fund industry ...
We often begin a conversation with strangers by talking about the weather as it’s a ...
Now is the time to implement a watertight strategy for your personal finances if you ...
Q: Where do South Africa’s leading financial advisers find a list of contacts for financial ...
The latest Road Traffic Management Corporation annual report has revealed that more than 4 500 road fatalities were reported on South African roads from April 2014 to April 2015. (more…)
Given the likelihood that market volatility will increase against the background of global growth and monetary policy divergences and uncertainties, it will be important for investors to stick with their investment horizons and not be influenced by short-term noise. (more…)
South Africa saw its economic freedom score slip from 62.6 to 61.9 in the latest Index of Economic Freedom report released by the Heritage Foundation in Washington this week. This was contrary to the overall trend for southern Africa which saw the regional freedom score improve from 54.9 to 55.5. (more…)
The so called T day reforms will be implemented on the 1st of March 2016 and are likely to spark a surge of renewed interest in income tax deductions and capital accumulation for retirement. This is according to Derick Ferreira, a senior manager at Old Mutual. (more…)
The North West University (NWU) School of Business and Governance this week launched its policy uncertainty index (PUI). Unsurprisingly, policy uncertainty was high in the 4th quarter of 2015 in SA and was recorded at 55.4. An increase over 50 reflects greater policy uncertainty while a decrease below 50 reflects less policy uncertainty. (more…)
While the country and the world may be facing economic woes, it doesn’t mean it is all doom and gloom for South Africa’s local entrepreneurs. This is the sentiment of Christo Botes, spokesperson for the 2016 Entrepreneur of the Year® competition – sponsored by Sanlam and BUSINESS/PARTNERS. (more…)
Government’s tax-free savings (TFS) dispensation has added further impetus to the growth of db X-trackers, the range of JSE-listed exchange traded funds that track the performance of leading offshore indices. (more…)
Following on last week’s success, with several Sanlam portfolio managers walking away with certificates at the Raging Bull Awards, Sanlam Investment Management (SIM) says it has improved its ranking in the PlexCrown Fund Ratings Survey to fifth in the domestic unit trust management company category. (more…)
Payroll administrators need to start preparing their business systems, processes and workforces for the implementation of the National Treasury’s long-awaited retirement reforms during the next tax year (2016-2017). (more…)
Follow us on Twitter
- U.S. trade deficit rises 2.7% to $43.4 billion in December 2 days ago
- BREAKING NEWS - U.S. unemployment rate falls to 4.9% from 5% 2 days ago
- BREAKING - U.S. gains 151,000 jobs in January. 2 days ago
- Sale of Highveld Steel cancelled – Solidarity says. 2 days ago
- RT @JacaNews: Cosatu says it is prepared to sit with Minister Jeff Radebe and National Treasury to discuss the #TaxAmendmentLaw. 2 days ago retweeted via JacaNews
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Three quarters of HNWIs plan to increase contributions to their investment portfolios February 5, 2016
- Crisis of confidence grips financial markets February 4, 2016
- South Africa slips in freedom index – IRR February 3, 2016
- New tax laws to put spotlight on retirement savings February 3, 2016
- The certainty of uncertainty in South Africa February 3, 2016
- Sanlam Private Wealth stock picks for 2016 – Part 1 December 18, 2015
- Financial survival tips for a difficult year ahead January 12, 2016
- Citadel acquires Consolidated Financial Planning January 13, 2016
- State of economy makes compelling case for diversification January 14, 2016
- Save 41% tax by investing in disruptive tech companies January 14, 2016
- Gregory: Great...
- Gregory: Interesting comments!...
- yolandi van der merwe: Would like to change my life financially. Sick an...
- Sanet: Is there still exam dates and venues to write the ...
- What is Insolvency?: I do not even know the way I ended up here, but I ...