September ushers in spring, with the anticipation of new and beautiful things in the air. The month also brings with it National Financial Planning Week (7 to 11 September) and is therefore a great reminder to consult a financial planner and look at spring cleaning your finances. (more…)
Q: Where do South Africa’s leading financial advisers find a list of contacts for financial ...
The number of new millionaires in Africa is steadily growing, with more than 160 000 individuals ...
Uber, the on-demand transport business, is now the world’s most valuable travel start-up, valued at ...
The recent fires across the South Peninsula in March have highlighted the extreme damage which ...
By David Crossley, Practice Manager at BDO Wealth For many people, the gentle art of ...
Taking advantage of its growing working-age population could help accelerate South Africa’s growth to 5.4 percent a year and double per capita incomes by 2030, according to the South Africa Economic Update released by the World Bank earlier this week. (more…)
The violent intra-day market volatility seen in the past two weeks has caused widespread panic and has undoubtedly seen many investors making irrational and emotionally-driven decisions. These decisions are often sub-optimal and result in the destruction of wealth for the investor. It is times like these when hedge funds can prove their worth by protecting […]
The 2015 Tax Administration Laws Amendment Bill (TALAB) proposes to amend the provisions regarding reduced assessments in the Tax Administration Act (TAA). If promulgated, this would affect taxpayers by reducing the time allowed for them to request reduced assessments through the so-called ‘request for correction’ function on SARS’ eFiling to six months from date of […]
Over the past few months we have seen markets start to retreat, and the most recent turmoil is a more violent expression of this. While this may come as a surprise to many, we have believed for some time now that the elevated market levels are not sustainable. There has been an all too large […]
I recently attended the second annual i3 Summit, hosted jointly by Sanlam Investments and Glacier by Sanlam, in Johannesburg. One of the speakers was David Burns, head of consulting and market research at NMG UK, who gave us a clear picture of how the RDR had fared in the UK. (more…)
Earlier this week at Luthuli House in Johannesburg, ANC head of policy Jeff Radebe released his party’s 4th National General Council (NGC) Discussion Documents ahead of the party’s 4th National General Council from 9th to 12th October 2015 at Gallagher Estate, Midrand. (more…)
Costing South Africa an estimated R930m a year, commercial and white-collar crime is on the rise in South Africa – especially among senior to top management. Just recently, a business was forced to close its doors after its finance clerk stole over R1 million, thereby impacting its productivity and turnover, and ultimately the entrepreneur, as […]
Follow us on Twitter
- Archbishop Desmond #Tutu has been discharged from hospital. 4 hours ago
- The #FPI offers free financial planning education to people through its FPI MYMONEY123TM financial literacy programme. 4 hours ago
- State drops charges - of unlawfully driving a car with falsified number plates - against #Telkom CEO, Sipho Maseko. 4 hours ago
- RT @WayneMcCurrie: Impala Plat - needs rights issue R4bn - must really need this cash if you are going to issue shares at a record low in l… 1 day ago retweeted via WayneMcCurrie
- RT @WayneMcCurrie: SA - SACCI business confidence 16 year low-the outlook for 2015+unfortunately 2016 is getting worse: we need a resource … 1 day ago retweeted via WayneMcCurrie
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Regulatory Exams: Flavour of the Month June 29, 2010
- Insolvency July 6, 2010
- Actuaries a wanted resource post the global crisis June 20, 2010
- ASISA announces full Board of Directors June 20, 2010
- Blue Ink Wins Best Fund of Hedge Fund Award June 20, 2010
- Spring clean your finances September 3, 2015
- Hedge funds: time to exit or do they still have a place? September 3, 2015
- Learnership programme partners with industry September 2, 2015
- Reduced tax assessments proposal only applicable for exceptional cases August 31, 2015
- Challenges of unclaimed benefits August 27, 2015
- Sanet: Is there still exam dates and venues to write the ...
- What is Insolvency?: I do not even know the way I ended up here, but I ...
- Vanessa Reinecke: I wrote the exam on 23 May 2011. There were only ...
- Gerard: I have written the exams during Jan 2011.4% pass r...