Most South Africans haven’t saved enough for their retirement years – but neither have many in other countries. A new study by Willis Towers Watson in the UK highlights how worried British workers are about financial security in old age. (more…)
ZAR X (Pty) Ltd announced today that it has been granted a stock exchange licence ...
“Medical aids can never be a substitute for critical illness cover.” These are the words ...
Britain’s Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) says millions of consumers could have better access to affordable ...
A year ago National Treasury introduced tax free savings accounts to be offered by banks, ...
Many pension funds claim they conform to the Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) principle despite giving customers a raw deal, says Pension Funds Adjudicator Muvhango Lukhaimane in a review of the industry. (more…)
Investors may have had sleepless nights over the past year about the ability of so-called growth investments to ever show positive returns again, says Anet Ahern, CEO, PSG Asset Management. (more…)
Novare Real Estate Africa has announced that construction has started on its fourth commercial development in Nigeria, the multi-billion naira Novare Gateway mall in the capital city of Abuja. (more…)
In response to recent press reports regarding interest in purchasing Barclays Plc’s 62.3% stake in Barclays Africa Group, Atlas Mara acknowledges that it has had discussions with a consortium of investors that is exploring an acquisition of Barclays’ stake in Barclays Africa and a potential combination of Atlas Mara with Barclays Africa. (more…)
PSG Insure is proud to be recognised as the Santam National Broker of the Year for both commercial lines and assets and crop insurance. (more…)
Global Credit Ratings (GCR) accorded national scale fund ratings of AA+(ZA)(f) to the STANLIB Corporate Money Market Fund, and a rating of AA-(ZA)(f) to the STANLIB Extra Income Fund. Both ratings were accorded Stable outlooks. (more…)
With the increase of cybercrime worldwide, the issue of cyber security has moved from the server room to the board room in many local businesses, and the banking sector is no different. (more…)
As the regulator of the medical schemes industry, the Council for Medical Schemes (CMS) says it would like to encourage the members of medical schemes to take charge of the affairs of their medical schemes by attending their medical scheme’s Annual General Meeting (AGM). (more…)
Headline CPI decelerated sharply in March to 6.3% y/y, from 7% in February, but was nevertheless up 0.8% on a month on month basis. Jason Muscat, FNB Senior Industry Analyst, says the drop was primarily due to the high base of March 2015, “and we expect a re-acceleration in April.” (more…)
Follow us on Twitter
- SA records a trade surplus of R2,92billion in March from a R1,27billion deficit in February. 1 day ago
- #FSB warns the public against TradingBanks. 1 day ago
- #Lily mine: Workers will not receive April salaries today. #Solidarity expresses discontent. 1 day ago
- RT @StandardBankZA: In the words of Tata – “Let's live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.” #FreedomDay https://t.co… 4 days ago retweeted via StandardBankZA
- Retrenchment bloodbath: 60 000 in the balance during the past year - #Solidarity report 5 days ago
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- One-in-five Brits expect to retire after their 70th birthday April 26, 2016
- Why taking a long-term view is key to successful investing April 26, 2016
- Construction starts on Abuja’s Novare Gateway Mall April 26, 2016
- MUA honours top brokers April 26, 2016
- Atlas Mara holds talks with consortium exploring acquisition of Barclays Africa April 26, 2016
- Gold can reduce volatility in a portfolio March 9, 2016
- Momentum announces 2015 claim statistics March 18, 2016
- Pension industry taken to task by regulator March 23, 2016
- Advantages of Small Business Corporations March 24, 2016
- King Price announces extension of product range March 29, 2016
- Gregory: Great...
- Gregory: Interesting comments!...
- yolandi van der merwe: Would like to change my life financially. Sick an...
- Sanet: Is there still exam dates and venues to write the ...
- What is Insolvency?: I do not even know the way I ended up here, but I ...