Absa Life was a winner at the 13th Annual National Business Awards (NBA), walking away with the Innovation through Technology award at the ceremony held at Emperors Palace in Johannesburg recently. (more…)
The Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) of the SA Reserve Bank (SARB) has hiked the repo ...
This week, I – like most South Africans – am very concerned about the drought ...
Costing South Africa an estimated R930m a year, commercial and white-collar crime is on the ...
Q: Where do South Africa’s leading financial advisers find a list of contacts for financial ...
Although South African women are making great strides in the boardroom, corporate South Africa still ...
Minister of Water and Sanitation Nomvula Mokonyane recently briefed the media on the state of water security and the current drought in parts of the country. (more…)
Even though the small cap sector forms the bulk of the JSE in terms of number of shares, it comprises only 3.5% of our stock exchange’s market capitalization, says Vanessa van Vuuren, portfolio manager at Sanlam Investments. (more…)
In one of the Sanlam Group’s biggest transactions yet, Sanlam and Santam are set to enter new markets having reached agreement to acquire a 30% stake in Morocco-based Saham Finances which operates in a total of 26 countries predominantly across Africa and with a presence in the Middle East. (more…)
South African fund managers should warm up for a very likely U.S. Federal Reserve interest rate hike in December and make the most of the opportunities it brings for their clients and investors. This is the advice of Nigel Green, CEO and founder of deVere Group. (more…)
Commenting on the decision by the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) of the SA Reserve Bank (SARB) to raise interest rates by 25 basis points, Professor Raymond Parsons of the North-West University Potchefstroom Business School says: (more…)
Like most decent people, I was both shocked and saddened by the loss of life in Paris on Friday, the 13th of November 2015. Like many who watch and analyse the news, I had predicted that such an incident would occur in Europe. As the weekend moved on, I began to wonder what effect the […]
As the year comes to an end, many of us are eagerly waiting in anticipation for our annual bonuses. But how many of us actually plan to use the money effectively? South Africans should spend as much time planning for their year-end bonuses, as they spend on planning holidays and travel. (more…)
Drought conditions have many devastating effects on communities and the surrounding environment. While the devastating effects of drought are first realised within the agricultural sector, the ripple effect into other sectors and consumers’ personal lives is quickly felt. (more…)
Follow us on Twitter
- Competition Tribunal approves #Diageo and #Brandhouse Beverages merger. 3 hours ago
- #Absa Life recognized for innovative insurance technology and customer focus https://t.co/ltfpX1ykWE 6 hours ago
- Small caps an exciting hunting ground https://t.co/h7n7Yg74tw #AltX 8 hours ago
- #FNB’s Easy Account named cheapest bank account in SA – according to #Solidarity. 10 hours ago
- Have you noticed that there's been a notable decline in take-home pay? https://t.co/qloBQ4nJVg 10 hours ago
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Regulatory Exams: Flavour of the Month June 29, 2010
- Insolvency July 6, 2010
- Actuaries a wanted resource post the global crisis June 20, 2010
- ASISA announces full Board of Directors June 20, 2010
- Blue Ink Wins Best Fund of Hedge Fund Award June 20, 2010
- Absa Life recognized for innovative insurance technology and customer focus November 25, 2015
- Small caps an exciting hunting ground: Sanlam Investments November 25, 2015
- Noticeable decline in take-home pay November 25, 2015
- Sanlam, Santam in major transaction to expand footprint in Africa November 24, 2015
- Global markets in 2016 November 23, 2015
- Sanet: Is there still exam dates and venues to write the ...
- What is Insolvency?: I do not even know the way I ended up here, but I ...
- Vanessa Reinecke: I wrote the exam on 23 May 2011. There were only ...
- Gerard: I have written the exams during Jan 2011.4% pass r...